How to become a member of the SSE, Sri Lanka :
1. Applications can be obtained from the Secretarial (Society of Structural Engineers, Room No. 222, 2nd Floor, IESL, Vidya Mawatha, 120/15, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 07.
2. Eligibility (Extracts from By – Laws)
Every Candidate for admission or transfer to the Class of Member shall satify that he:
A.) A Srilankan resident who is at least 25 years of AgeAnd
B.) A person holding a recognized degree in Structural/ Civil Engineering from a University, and holding Corporate Membership of a recognised Institution in Civil/ Structural Engineering and practicing the profession of Structural Engineering for a minimum period of four years after obtaining the degree.
3. Professional Review Interview
An interview by a panel will be conducted to assess the candidate’s suitability for admission as a Member of the Society. The interview will be based on the work expeience report submitted by the candidate and the panel will assess the degree of professional involvement and his personal contribution in the field of structural engineering.
4. Proposer and Seconder
The Proposer and Seconder should be a Corporate Member of the Society. The Proposer and Seconder should satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the candidate to the grade of membership applied for and that the form is correctly filled and legibly written, and is submitted together with all original certificates for inspection.
5. Application Evaluation FEE
Applicant should pay Rs.2000.00 + NBT + VAT with the application
6. Prefected application should be forwarded to Honorary Secretary, addressed to the Secretariat (Society of Structural Engineers, Room No.222, 2nd Floor, IESL, Vidya Mawatha, 120/15, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 07)
7. The Registration/ Transfer/ Annual Subscriptions will be fixed by the Executive Committee from time to time. The details could be obtained from the Secretariat.
8. Please Make the appropriate payment relating to the Application to the SSESL Secretariat direct or to the Bank Account of “Society of Structural Engineers Sri Lanka” account No. 0004 6000 0254 of Sampath Bank and submit the deposit slip to SSESL Secretariat.